So I am eating a bowl of popcorn in preparation for my well deserved Sunday nap when I notice my face feels kind of weird. Then I notice that my left eye won't close all of the way. Now I can't chew my popcorn very well. What the H?? Please note that my first instinct was to keep eating when my face stopped working. Kind of a whole new meaning to the term "stuffing your face". After a quick look in the mirror it was confirmed.....I am a handsome man, but back to the point. The left side of my face had developed that 'just left the dentist after a filling' feel. I figured that couldn't be a good thing so off to the ER we went. Well 3 hours, 1 EMT, 1 nurse, 1 doctor, and a CT scan later it turns out that Alisha and I had diagnosed the problem before we left the house. I have a freaking Bell's Palsy! Out of all the things that can interrupt a nap this has to set some kind of a record for most obscure, but the good news is that CT didn't show anything scary and it is supposed to go away on its own. The strangest part about the whole thing is how fast it set in and the fact that I can't shut my left eye completely. It doesn't matter how hard I try, it only closes about 3/4 of the way. The doctor said that sometimes they have patients tape their eye shut at night so it doesn't dry out...that's weird. What kind of tape do you use to tape eyes shut?
Anyway....thanks for coming. Enjoy the drool out of the left side of my mouth.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scary-did you suffer trauma to the 7th cranial nerve?
No trauma involved. Is that the nerve behind your ear and mine hurts?
Post a Comment