Friday, July 14, 2006

What The Crap Is Going On?

Does it make me a bad person if my biggest concern about the Middle East right now is...."Freak of nature, how high are gas prices going to go now??? Sure, the whole region is on the verge of apocalypse (sp?), but it would be REALLY nice if the price of gas would come down. It makes me feel better knowing that Israel is over there kicking trash right now, but President Tom scares me a little bit. For those of you who don't listen to the Glen Beck show, President Tom is the president of Iran. His real name is too hard to say and even harder to spell so Glen started calling him President Tom. I like that, so from this day forward he shall be President Tom in my book. Anyway, this guy is a full fledged nutty dude. If he ever gets the nukes he wants it could be bad news. Once again I am glad that Israel is in the neighborhood because I can't see them standing by and watching a nut job like PT build a nuclear arsenal. Any time that President Tom finds himself in front of a microphone he takes the opportunity to let the world know that he wants to wipe Israel off of the map. Hmmm....lovely. This coming from a guy who is so mentally stable that he drops messages down a well in order to communicate with a long dead spiritual advisor.

This is the point when I remind you to not look for any well-thought out message....You won't find one. Anyway, back to Israel. I admire their toughness and determination. All of their neighbors pretty much hate them and wish that they would fall into the sea. Howevercomma (thanks Dr. Laura) they not only hold their own, but they kick trash. I know, I know....they get superior military gear from us, but they don't hesitate to use in when they need to. Hesbollah (sp?) kidnaps 2 soldiers and lobs some rocket across the border. Israel doesn't go to the U.N. and ask for permission or worry about what others might think...they already know the answer to both questions....everybody hates them. Instead they launch right back at Lebanon and then tell Syria and Iran that they are next on the list. That sound you hear is sphincters tightening in Damscus. I don't think the same reaction is coming out of Tehran. In fact, I think Iran is pulling the strings for the whole show. That dang President Tom is up to no good. I wish he would fall down the well.

In other news....it is stinking hot. Also, this just in from the Department of Urban Manners, Behavior, And Spelling Service. From this day forthwith, the inclusion of ..... shall repair any and all errors in punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure.
Thanks for coming.....Enjoy Elton John.

1 comment:

Nikkala said...

So after this post I thought you would keep me updated on all the happenings around the world, and now you're letting me down.